Everyone, at one time or another, finds themselves in a place where they need to ask for a helping hand. In this case, it may be that you're looking to revive the figure you once knew. A full tummy surgery may just be the solution you've been reaching for, and with the profound expertise of Dr. Repta, you're bound to get the best tummy tuck Scottsdale, AZ can offer you.
The full tummy tuck procedure is the most commonly used form of abdominoplasty. If you are experiencing more than 1-2 inches of excessive skin around the belly button, a full abdominoplasty is likely the best procedure for you. This procedure has the potential of creating a marked improvement in both physical appearance and self-esteem in men and women alike.
Is a Full Tummy Tuck right for me?
There are many reasons a patient may consider a tummy tuck. In some cases, he or she has experienced significant weight loss and now has some sagging skin on the abdomen. In other cases, this procedure may be perfect for women who have given birth and would like to eliminate excess skin and stretch marks around the belly button. If you are experiencing one or more of the following, a tummy tuck may be the right choice for you:
- Excess skin around your belly button.
- An abdominal wall that's been stretched due to pregnancy or other factors.
- Liposuction was performed on inelastic skin, resulting in excess skin.
- A retracted scar following a c-section.
It may be the case that a mini tummy tuck might be the right procedure for you. Dr. Repta will meet with you to help you determine which procedure is ideal for you. By giving his patients peace of mind and confidence in his aesthetic quality, Dr. Repta routinely delivers among the best tummy tuck Scottsdale, AZ has available.
Tummy Tuck Procedure
The tummy tuck procedure has been around for a very long time and is constantly being improved upon, with our advancements in technology and surgical techniques. These advancements have created better results, as well as quicker recovery time for a wide variety of patient types. With Dr. Repta's care and individual attention, your ideal physical appearance is within reach. The tummy tuck procedure consists of:
- The patient is carefully placed in the supine position (lying on their back) for the entirety of the procedure.
- A horizontal incision near the lowest part of the waist. This allows access to the abdominal muscles and belly button (umbilicus), as well as the ability to free up the abdominal skin and soft tissue all the way up to the rib cage. The length of the incision varies for each patient depending on the amount of extra skin present, but is generally hip-to-hip.
- An incision around the belly button. This releases the belly button stalk from the abdominal skin and soft tissue. Because the abdominal skin is pulled downward during a tummy tuck, a new opening is made for the belly button as the last step of the procedure.
- Tightening of the abdominal wall. This is commonly referred to as muscle repair. This helps to narrow the waist and gives a flatter looking side profile. It also strengthens the core for patients suffering from rectus diastasis, eliminating any lower back pain that may be present.
- Now that the abdominal wall is tightened, Dr. Repta pulls the abdominal skin downward, allowing him to precisely determine how much excess skin must be removed. During this step, he is extremely careful to remove the exact right amount to produce a flat and natural result. All too often, he sees patients whose surgeons removed too much skin, which is a difficult problem to correct. By going to Dr. Repta, you ensure your result is right the first time around.
- As the final step, he creates an opening for the belly button. With precise suturing, any remaining scar around the belly button is virtually invisible.
A full tummy tuck can be performed on its own or in conjunction with other procedures. Very often, patients will choose to include liposuction of the lower back, flanks and abdomen with their tummy tuck surgery. When performed in this manner, the procedure is administered with the patient in the prone position (lying face down) to allow for proper access to the lower back and flanks for liposuction before moving around to the front sections. No matter what you choose, Dr. Repta will be sure you are given nothing short of the best tummy tuck Scottsdale, AZ can administer.
As each full tummy tuck is an individual procedure tailored to your unique body type, the recovery period will greatly depend on factors such as the length of the incisions, the degree of correction, age and your general health and fitness. During your recovery period, you will be expected to adhere to several guidelines. These guidelines not only ensure the highest level of comfort, they also help give you the best aesthetic outcome. More information can be found in the Anesthesia, Risks & Recovery section.
Tummy Surgery Aftercare
The full tummy tuck procedure is performed as outpatient surgery. However, depending on the complexity of the procedure, the availability of a caregiver at home or your personal preference, some patients decide take advantage of a nearby aftercare facility. This helps ensure your personal attention and needs are looked after by Dr. Repta and his highly trained staff. By attending to our patients long after their surgery is over, we deliver among the best tummy tuck Scottsdale, AZ has available.
Schedule a Consultation
If you would like to know more about your Scottsdale abdominoplasty options, request a consultation online. Or if you prefer, you are welcome to call the office at 855-377-3782 and one of our staff members will be happy to assist you.Schedule Online